Strawberry Plains Half Marathon and 10k
presented by Eddie's Health Shoppe
**New For 2018 - Unique Finisher Medals for both Half Marathon and 10k Finishers**
Date, Time, & Place:
Saturday, February 3, 2018 at 9:00 am. The Half Marathon & 10k run concurrently and start and finish at Rush Strong School in Strawberry Plains, Tennessee. Pre- and post-race activities will occur inside the school. Directions: From Knoxville, take I-40 East and take Exit 394 (11E/25W/70). Turn left off the exit ramp and head east for 6 miles. Bear Left on Hwy 11E. Go 3.25 miles and turn left on Old Andrew Johnson Hwy. (Eastview Memorial Gardens will be on your right). Go 0.8 miles to the school. The address is 3081 West Old Andrew Johnson Highway, Strawberry Plains, TN 37871. Parking is available at the school and the First Baptist Church located across the street. Please follow the parking attendants.
Course Description and Highlights:
USATF certified (Half: TN15005MS)(10k: TN15006MS). A scenic and rolling course that meanders through the Holston River Valley with views of Clinch and House Mountain. Unlike the Half Marathon, the 10K course is a mostly flat, out and back course with only a few climbs. The course is open to traffic and therefore headphones are prohibited (See Race Etiquette Section below). The Half Marathon is not a walker friendly course. Course will close after 3 hours and 15 minutes. No exceptions.
Registration and Entry Fee (No Refunds and No Transfers)
Opening Registration runs through 11:59pm on Thursday, November 23, 2017. The opening registration fee is $35 for the Half Marathon and $30 for the 10K.
- Holiday Registration beings 12:00am on Friday, November 24, 2017 and ends 11:59pm on January 1, 2018. The holiday registration fee is $40 for the Half Marathon and $35 for the 10K.
- Early Registration begins at 12:00am on January 2, 2018 and ends 11:59pm on January 21, 2018. The early registration fee is $45 for the Half Marathon and $40 for the 10K.
- Regular Registration begins at 12:00am on January 22, 2018 and ends 11:59pm on January 30, 2018. The regular registration fee is $50 for the Half Marathon and $45 for the 10K.
- Late Registration begins at 12:00am on January 31, 2018 and ends 11:59pm on February 2, 2018. The late registration fee is $55 for the Half Marathon and $50 for the 10K. Vouchers and coupons are not eligible for use during late registration.
Race Day Registration Race day registration will be from 7:30 - 8:45am in the gymnasium at Rush Strong School. The Race Day registration fee is $60 for the Half Marathon and $55 for the 10K. The only discounts available at Race Day Registration are the "KTC Member" and "No Shirt" discount. NO TEAM REGISTRATION at Race Day Registration.
- No Shirt: Deduct $5 (Available anytime)
- KTC Member: Save $5 (Available anytime)
- Team Discount: Save $5 (Available only during Opening, Holiday, Early, Regular and Late Registration) per registrant if you are running with a group or team of 4 or more. No registering new teams or new team members during Race Day Registration. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Other Coupons & Vouchers (Available only during Opening, Holiday, Early and Regular Registration). No Coupons or Vouchers after January 30, 2018.
Packet /Bib Pickup:
Race Morning: Packet/Bib pickup will be available from 7:30 - 8:45 a.m. race morning in the gymnasium at Rush Strong School.
- Optional Early Pickup: An optional packet/bib pickup will be held race week on Wednesday, January 31st from 5:30pm - 8:00pm at Academy Sports + Outdoors (145 Moss Grove Blvd, Knoxville, TN 37922). Please Note the start time of 5:30 pickup will NOT be available before then..
Availability: Please note KTC's new T-shirt Policy: Participants registering before 11:59pm on Sunday, January 21, 2018 will receive their selected shirt at the optional packet pick-up or at the race day packet pickup. Anyone registering AFTER January 21, 2018 will receive shirts as supplies last. The T-shirt order will be placed on January 22, 2018 and when inventory runs out in the RunSignUp system, there will be no more shirts. No re-orders.
- Style: Unisex, SHORT-sleeved, jersey-style shirts. Brand: Bella + Canvas. Style: C3413 Unisex Triblend Short Sleeve Tee. [Note: This style is slightly narrower in the shoulders than last year's shirt. Click here for shirt information.]
- Sizing: Per manufacturer's website:
Extra Small (Chest 16.5/ Length 27)
Small (Chest 18/ Length 28)
Medium (Chest 20/ Length 29)
Large (Chest 22/ Length 30)
Extra Large (Chest 24/ Length 31)
2XL (Chest 36/ Length 32)
Measuring guide: Chest: Laying garment flat and measure (in inches) armpit-to-armpit across the chest. Length: Lay garment flat (face down) and measure (in inches) from center back neckline seam straight down to bottom of the front hem.
- Awards: Awards for both the Half Marathon and the 10K will be presented to the top 3 overall Male and Female, to the top Masters (40+), Grand Masters (50+) and Senior Grand Masters (60+) Male and Female, to the top Clydesdale (Male 200 Lbs+) and Athena (Female 150 Lbs+). Overall and other specialty award recipients are ineligible for age division awards. Age division awards for both the Half Marathon and 10K are 3 deep in 5 year increments (no runners under 15 in the half marathon). Awards must be picked up during the awards ceremony - awards will not be mailed. Awards are based on gun time and not chip time per USATF regulations. Half Marathon and 10K Finishers will receive a commemorative finisher's medal.
- Team Competition: The Half Marathon (only) is on the Grand Prix Team Competition schedule. Please visit www.ktc.org for details. Teams must register before 11:59pm on Friday, February 2, 2018.
- Grand Prix Points: 2018 Grand Prix Presented by Threds points awarded. Remember, to be eligible for Grand Prix awards, participants must be a member of KTC and must volunteer for at least 3 events.
- Results: Complete results will be available on the KTC Website at www.ktc.org.
- Refreshments: Hearty refreshments will be available for runners-only in the cafeteria of Rush Strong School after the race. Your bib must be presented to receive food.
- Race Etiquette: The course closes in 3 hours, 15 minutes. Due to insurance regulations, roller blades, strollers, bicycles, and dogs are not allowed on the course. Because the course is open to traffic, headphones are prohibited. Participants caught wearing headphones will be disqualified and removed from the results.
- Training: Looking for a structured training program? Check out KTC's RunKNOX program! The Winter Training Program is underway! Experience individualized programming in a group setting for $10/week! Participants receive a weekly RunDOWN with program information, Tuesday night runs, Thursday night core/yoga, and Saturday morning long runs. Click here for more information!
- Information: Contact Co-Race Directors Alicia and Mike Teubert at email@example.com. For information on KTC events, please contact Operations Manager, Joni Alexander at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use this contact information if you have special needs on race day.
Weather: Averages: High 52 Low 29.
The course winds in and out from under the tree canopy. At times, it is quite exposed, at times protected. Dress wisely.
KTC Safety Policy: KTC's mission is to encourage lifelong physical well-being through running and walking. That is accomplished through a variety of events and programming.
The Knoxville Track Club puts the safety of its participants, spectators, staff and volunteers first. Dangerous weather conditions pose a unique challenge to an event of any size, distance or location.
Therefore, KTC has adopted the following Inclement Weather Policy:
Weather forecasts will be monitored prior to the event, with special attention placed on the possibility of heavy rain, thunder and lightning, high winds, extreme temperatures and humidity. If necessary, athletes will be made aware of these conditions on Knoxville Track Club’s website (www.ktc.org), as well as through other available means of communication such as e-mail, Twitter, Facebook and public address announcements.
The Executive Director and Race Director in consultation, when available, with law enforcement, fire/EMS, other medical officers and other officials, will monitor the weather and make a decision if any action will be taken to modify the race. Possible changes include: Altering the start time, altering the course, or in extreme situations cancellation of the event. Visible lightning occurring within 30 minutes of the scheduled start will cause the race to be postponed for a minimum of 30 minutes. Additional sightings will continue to delay the race in 30-minute increments up to a maximum of 3 delays.
Race personnel reserve the right to delay, cancel, or suspend the race or modify the course due to inclement weather. As stated on registration and race pages, there are no refunds or transfers. Participants must abandon the race if ordered to do so by the race personnel, medical staff, fire/paramedics or police personnel.